Cheesy Buttermilk Biscuits
Cook Time: 13 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Makes 12 Small Bicuits or 6 Large Biscuits
2 Cups All Purpose Flour Plus Extra For Rolling
1 Tbs. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup Shredded or Cubed White Cheddar Cheese
3/4 Cup Buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Place butter and milk in freezer for 10 minutes before beginning. You want the butter as cold as possible when you start.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cube the cold butter. Cut the butter into the flour mixture. Mix with fingers or pastry cutter until texture resembles course oatmeal.
- Add cheese and mix until all cheese is covered in flour.
- Create a well or hole in the center of the flour mixture.
- Pour half of the buttermilk into the flour well and gently fold flour from sides into center. Add the rest of the buttermilk and with a spoon or your fingers, gently mix until all ingredients come together into a dough. The biscuits will not rise properly if overmixed so be careful!
- Turn out dough onto a floured surface and lightly press into a flattened rectangle 2 inches thick. Cut biscuits with a round biscuit cutter or cookie cutter and place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place them 1/2 inch apart. You want them close not touching. They will "climb" off each other and rise higher if placed together.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until tops are slightly browned.
- Optional: Brush the tops of your cooked biscuits with melted butter and a little extra salt for added flavor!