The perfect drink for a cold winter's night... Hot Chocolate! This stove top recipe combines sweetened condensed milk and real chocolate to make a decadent drink that is sure to warm anyone up on a cold night. Add in your favorite toppings or set out a hot chocolate bar at your Christmas party for a fun and festive twist. I hope you enjoy!
Stove Top Hot Chocolate
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups milk
3 cups water
- In a large saucepan over low heat, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder, salt, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract.
- Continue to stir until all chips are melted and mixture is smooth. The chocolate should just be melted and warmed, not too hot.
- Whisk in milk a little at at a time until all is combined and smooth.
- Whisk in water
- Continue to heat on low, stirring frequently, until the hot chocolate is the temperature you prefer. As the mixture cooks it should thicken slightly.
- Pour into mugs and enjoy!