Skillet Pot Pie
Skillet Chicken Pot Pie
Cook Time: 30 mins.
Total Time: 1 hr
1tbs olive oil
2 cups pulled cooked chicken, roitsserie gives the most flavor(rotisserie, boiled, baked, etc. will work)
28 oz. cream of potato soup
1/2 cup milk (can substitute cream for added richness)
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tbs garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1 bag of frozen soup veggies
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic seasoning (poultry seasoning will work)
parsley for decoration
10 frozen biscuits or preferably homemade biscuits- click here for recipe I substituted half of the butter with duck fat for more flavor in the pot pie.
- Pre-Heat oven to 375°
- Make biscuits and keep in refrigerator until time to use.
- Heat oil in iron skillet. When hot add garlic and onions. Sweat until fragrant and onions are clear.
- Add frozen veggies to pot and cook until no longer frozen and most liquid has evaporated.
- Deglaze with white wine. Stir and simmer on low until reduced by half.
- Add in chicken stock and simmer until reduced by half.
- Stir in potato soup, milk, chiken, and spices.
- Simmer until all ingredients are hot.
- Add biscuits to the top of mixture and place pan in oven.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until biscuits are browned.
- Remove from oven and add parsley.
Leave a Comment