1 1/2 cups of finely milled "00" flour
1 cup Semolina Flour
4 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs water
pinch of salt
- Place flour in mound on kneading surface such as countertop or wood pastry board.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour
- Add eggs and extra yolk to the center of the well
- Sprinkle olive oil sea salt and water on top of eggs
- Using a fork, begin whisking the egg mixture
- Once scrambled, use the fork to pull in flour a little at a time while continuing to whisk
- Once the flour is incorporated and your dough is starting to form a ball, begin to knead.
- Add more flour to the surface if dough is sticky.
- Knead for 10 minutes until dough is smooth and eslastic. Press a finger into the dough. If it begins to spring back into place when finger is removed, your dough is ready to rest.
- Cover you dough tightly with plastic wrap and let set at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- Once rested, divide dough into sections. Roll by hand or use a pasta roller.
- Cut into desired thickness and use immediately or store in air-tight container in freezer for up to 3 months.