Blackberry Jam Recipe
Cook time: 30 mins
Total Time: 12.5 hrs
9 cups uncooked blackberries(4-5 cups crushed)
1 box or 8 tbs. of powdered original pectin
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
6 cups sugar
1 large canning/stock pot
non-reactive boiling pot
1 small bowl
10 sanitized mason jars
1. Fill canning pot with water, place rack in bottom, set on high burner to begin boiling
2. Crush blackberries in large pot
3. In small bowl combine pectin with 1/4 cup of the sugar
4. Sprinkle lemon juce over blackberries
5. Add pectin/sugar mixture to blackberry pot and bring to a full rolling boil
6. Once blackberries are at boiling stage add in remaining sugar
7. Bring back to a rolling boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring often
8. Turn off burner and place funnell on first jar
9. Fill jar with blackberry mixture until 1/4 inch from top
10. Place lid on jar and screw on ring until "fingertip tight"
11. Repeat on all jars
12. Place jars (can be done in multiple batches if needed) in canning pot. Make sure water is boiling and covers at least 3 inches over jars. Boil for 10-12 minutes.
13. Remove jars and place on a flat surface to "set" for at least 12 hours. They need to be completely untouched for 12 hours to fully seal.