These muffins are flavor packed and incredibly easy to make. The ingredient list is probably already in your pantry! With the tangyness of blackberries balanced out by the sweetness of the maple in the brown sugar and a crumbly, delicious, streusel on top, these muffins are sure to be a hit this holiday season!
For The Muffins:
2 cups of all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup blackberry jam
1 tsp vanilla extract
For The Streusel:
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBS butter
- Preheat over to 375°
- In large bowl, combine together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugars.
- In separate bowl whisk together egg, milk, oil, blackberry jam, and vanilla.
- Form small "well" or hole in the middle of the flour mixture.
- Pour egg mixture into the "flour well."
- Slowly fold together taking care not to mix too hard. If mixed too rough or too much, your muffins will not be as soft and fluffy.
- For the streusel, combine melted butter, flour, and brown sugar in small bowl. Stir until moist crumb forms.
- Separate batter into greased or papered muffin tins. With a wet towel remove spilled batter from sides.
- Top each batter-filled muffin cup with 1-2 tbs of streusel.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes for large muffins, 10-15 minutes if your muffin cups are smaller.